Friday, September 25, 2009

Emotional Vampires...In Cyber Space?

Most of us have heard of Emotional Vampires(EVs). You know who they are. Those people that seem to suck the energy right out of you with all of their drama and negativity. You may be in a great mood with lots of positive energy and great intentions for your day...then you bump into one of these people, they start talking, and by the time the encounter is over you've lost that positive attitute you had and you suddenly feel drained. These people just wear you out!!

Well, I honestly haven't had one of these people in my life for a while. The people I see from week to week seem to be very upbeat and positive most of the time, and even when things aren't going right for them, they don't seem to drain me because of it.

But I have managed to run into an online Emotional Vampire. Cyberspace is supposed to be my escape. I get online to chat and gain information and have fun. But each time I run into this person online, she manages to take that from me and make me want to run kicking and screaming from my laptop. LOL
I have had the joy of being nominated by 2 fellow bloggers for the same award, and after a run in with this EV earlier, I'm just not in the right frame of mind right now to blog about it. And that bums me out! LOL So, this is my, "I need to complain and vent a little bit" post, and hopefully later this evening I will be in a better mood and will have regained some of my positive energy from earlier in the day. If I can regain some of that positivity, I will be back to blog and show off my award. :)

Meanwhile, if you have any Emotional Vampires in your life (real world or cyber space), check out this article on how to handle it: Dealing With Emotional Vampires
I hope you are having a blessed day!!

Hugs,
CC

No comments:

Post a Comment